[wplug] Walmart Selling Linux Pre-Installed PCs

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 11:23:14 EDT 2002

Also, for newsforge...

You've probably heard of Walmart selling OS-less PC's online.  Well now they're
selling them with Lindows preinstalled.  Check out:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A41937%3A86796%3A96356&dept=3944&cat=96356&sb=61&bti=0

(I know the URL is long, sorry!)

So I've got two questions for anyone who'd like to answer:

1. Has anyone bought any of these OS-less Walmart deals?  How are they?

2. Is anyone using Lindows?  If I understand right, the only version avaliable
is the beta, which to use you need to be a "Lindows Insider" which costs $99.
So is Lindow's out?  Or is this just the beta or what?  Anyone know anything
about this?

Personally, I've tried out Lycoris (the old Redmond Linux) and it's a very
polished desktop for the 'average' user (but not for developers in my opinion).
 Looks like the linux desktop is really coming along.

jaaron