[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest/Lan-Party This Weekend

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Fri Jun 7 00:43:35 EDT 2002

On Saturday, June 8th, 2002, WPLUG will be hosting a combination
Installfest/Lan-Party.  It will take place in Carnegie Mellon
University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507 from 10am until 2pm.  Feel free
to swing by and get help installing linux on your machine, or just bring
your machine to play some games (in linux of course!) whether they be
free (www.bzflag.org and www.freeciv.org are both cool) or commercial
(such as Quake[I,II,III], Tribes 2, and alpha centauri).

If you intend to install linux on your system, try to gain some basic
information about the hardware inside your system.  Usually knowing the
brand and model of a particular piece is good enough to get it working.
If you can bring a distro on CD, that is great, but we will also try to
make some discs available for use.

Please bring money to chip in for pizza, and to be entered in various
raffle drawings.

Directions to the meeting site are available on the wplug.org website on
the left hand side of the screen.  If you have any questions about the
meeting, email zman [at] wplug [dot] org.

See you there!!

Zach Paine
WPLUG Vice-Chair