[wplug] Re: wplug digest, Vol 1 #517 - 7 msgs

dalew210 at stargate.net dalew210 at stargate.net
Mon Jul 29 22:06:36 EDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:00:06 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm asking for recommendations to a quality TCP\IP book[s].  One such
book highly recommended to me is "The Protocols (TCP/IP Illustrated,
Volume 1) by W. Richard Stevens." Has anyone read this book? My
concern is that it may be somewhat dated. I have quite a bit of MCSE
material but it's lacks on the Admin side. I may also be interested in
any of your old books dealing with networking, admin and setup, should
you want to sell any.

For the most part, I am new to Unix\Linux and am looking to make the
breakaway from the MS treadmill after 12 years. It was a good run but
I don't see a future there. Shame IBM didn't stick it out with OS2.
Well, I was lurking, waiting for the right time to introduce myself. I
hope no one will mind if I have a few questions once in awhile.

Fair warning, though, "questions, questions, always the one with the
questions." is something I'm use to hearing. ;)

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the challenge of "really" learning
Linux and getting to know the group.

Dale Welsh