[wplug] debian mirror at cmu?

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 29 01:33:20 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:16:03PM -0400, Scott Presley wrote:
> I was installing Debian 3.0 last night from a net install CD.  When it came
> time to install the base system from the net, I was presented with a list of
> mirrors - one of them had a CMU.EDU address.  I choose that one since it's
> right down the street from me - but I was unsuccessful attempting to connect
> to it?
>
> Is there a debian mirror at CMU?  I checked the debian website,
> (http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors) but didn't find any mention of
> cmu...

There was one, in my room, on the campus network during the course of
the year.  At the beginning of the summer I left and disconnected the
machine.  Currently I have no plans to restore the mirror, since it did
not seem to be actively used by more than a couple of individuals (if
this is not the case, however, please let me know and I will
reconsider).  MIT, PSU, UMich, UDel, etc all have mirrors with fairly
fast connections, so consider them for now.

I had notified the primary mirror administrators about the disconnection
of my mirror, but it appears that for whatever reason the entry was not
removed in time for woody's release unfortunately.

Good luck with the new system and sorry for the inconvenience.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.