[wplug] Not linux but ...

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Jul 23 20:26:17 EDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 @ 1:26pm (-0500), vze2f6h6 at verizon.net wrote:

> I can't find the answer to the problem that I am having with MySQL.  I accidently changed the root password and can't figure out what I changed it to.  Is there any work arounds to change it?  There is another user set up but it doesn't have those kinds of privs.

# mysqld --skip-grant-tables

then use mysqladmin to resest the password.

I recommend the New Riders's on MySQL, Squirll Hill B&N normally has a few in
stock.

-lava

P.S., as a matter of taste, you may want to try formatting your messages to
wrap ~ 80 lines to keep with RFC.  A lot of people on bigger lists will get
upset about that >:}.  If your $EDITOR=vim, you can set textwidth=77 and
wrapmargin=3