[wplug] port 2000

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Mon Jul 22 22:48:16 EDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Henry Umansky wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what port 2000 is for???  It's not listed on
> /etc/services.  Is there any tool pre-installed or downloadable that can
> tell me what that port is??

lsof (list open files) could do it.  If you did something like `lsof -i
tcp | less` you could dig out the executable that's holding the port
open.  `netstat -pan | grep '2000'` would also show you what's sitting on
that port.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.
public key: http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key

"Take that smile off your face/wipe that tear from your eye/
	don't say you're sorry for me..."  --Gary Numan, _Stormtrooper In Drag_