[wplug] lost partition table

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Sat Jul 20 13:28:20 EDT 2002

the quick story .. i bought a new motherboard and a new hard disk .. i
swapped all of my periphs over to the new motherboard and started playing
quake 3 when i realized, why not install the new hard disk too?  so i
plugged in the new hard disk and set it to be the primary master.  i set
my old drive to be the primary slave.  i booted off of some linux 2.4.18
boot disks i had, only to witness that my old drive no longer had a
partition table!

i've tried setting it back to the primary master, and even plugged it back
into the old motherboard (suspecting geometry changes in the bios).  still
not bootable, still no partition table.  i was just wondering if anyone
has recovered from such a situation .. or knows how to :)  let me know,
thanks

abe