[wplug] Any vmware users?

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Jul 10 13:54:20 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, J Aaron Farr wrote:

> On another note, how well does vmware perform?  This is a 1.5 GHz Vaio, so I
> should have the power to run both OS's fairly well I would think.  Do
> applications respond well, or is there a bit of lag due to the emulation level?

I think the amount of ram you allocate to VMWare is important. At my last
job, I had a 600Mhz machine with 640M of ram, so I could give vmware a
full 128M. It was a bit sluggish when I hadn't used it in a while and was
swapped out to disk. Other than that, it wasn't enough of a bother for me
to remember.

-james