[wplug] Any vmware users?

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Wed Jul 10 12:19:34 EDT 2002

J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Does anyone on the list use vmware for linux?  I'm thinking about using it to
> run WinXP instead of dual booting, but I haven't tied it before.  And will I
> need to reinstall WinXP from scratch?  If I already have it installed on
> another partition, can I just load it into vmware from there?

There is documentation at the VMware web site on how to use pre-existing
win OS's in your computer. If I remember correctly, you create a new
hardware profile in your installed windows and when you boot it select
the one created for vmware.

I've never tried this, so you may have to test how it works for you.
--
      Rafael