[wplug] Any vmware users?

Emilio Xavier Esposito exesposito at kent.net
Wed Jul 10 11:47:01 EDT 2002

jarron
I use VMware3.1 for a windows 2000 host.  when you setup the virtual
machines you specify the amount of disk space available for the virtual
machine to use; this is the maximum amount and VMware does not use the space
until its needed.  since i'm using redhat as my guest os i tell VMware to
allot 10gigs to this specific guest os.  during the redhat install, redhat
asks to partition the drives.  the drives are virtual so the partitioning
has no effect on the host machine.  pretty slick, yet very scary the first
time thru.  also if you hose the guest os you can just trash it. hope this
helps.
Emilio