[wplug] Firewall using pppd

Phil Walther, Jr. philjr at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 8 00:13:26 EDT 2002

Are you using a LRP type distro?

-----Original Message-----
From: wplug-admin at wplug.org [mailto:wplug-admin at wplug.org]On Behalf Of J
Aaron Farr
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 1:16 AM
To: wplug
Subject: [wplug] Firewall using pppd

Okay, I've finally got linux to recognize my ethernet card for a new
firewall
I'm putting together, but apparently, I've miss configured something...

I'm using pppd to dial out on a regular serial modem to the pitt network.
When
pppd runs though, I get the following in the logs (after pppd has
successfully
established a connection):

"not replacing existing default route to eth0 [0.0.0.0]"

I don't think this is a difficult thing to do, but I'm not very familiar
with
setting up firewalls, etc.  So what do I need to set in what configuration
file
to get pppd to be the default route and have eth0 be for "intranet" traffic?

(Even if you could just point me to a good tutorial or documentation would
be
fine).

Thanks!

jaaron