[wplug] Firewall using pppd

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 01:16:16 EDT 2002

Okay, I've finally got linux to recognize my ethernet card for a new firewall
I'm putting together, but apparently, I've miss configured something...

I'm using pppd to dial out on a regular serial modem to the pitt network.  When
pppd runs though, I get the following in the logs (after pppd has successfully
established a connection):

"not replacing existing default route to eth0 [0.0.0.0]"

I don't think this is a difficult thing to do, but I'm not very familiar with
setting up firewalls, etc.  So what do I need to set in what configuration file
to get pppd to be the default route and have eth0 be for "intranet" traffic?

(Even if you could just point me to a good tutorial or documentation would be
fine).

Thanks!

jaaron