[wplug] RE: Stuff at Pitt - suggestion

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:50:41 EST 2002

As for the connecting to Pitt from Linux issue- I do it all the time.
Configuration is actually pretty simple and I could write up something if we
wanted to send it to Pitt.  I know I was disappointed when I looked at the
available documentation and there was nothing about connecting via Linux.
When I asked the helpdesk about it I got a vague response about it being
difficult or impossible, which is entirely untrue.  Using the Win98
directions they had there I was able to figure out how to connect from my
linux box, however supplying some actual linux directions, if Pitt would
accept them and display them, would be nice.

-jaaron