[wplug] .Net Launch

Person, Roderick personrp at ccbh.com
Wed Jan 30 13:15:14 EST 2002

> > How do the *BSDs fare with this?  Are they consistent with
> each other?
>
> Not intentionally, I'm pretty sure.  They're generally a bit
> better about
> not changing the way things work without a good reason, so
> the fact that
> they come from a common source shows through somewhat.

Being a *BSD guy, yes all the install are pretty much the same - at least up
until 2 months ago which was the last time I installed all three. And I
think in the future the will become more alike since there is a unified
package movement so that if a package works on one BSD it should work on all
BSD without any modifications. I think this would lead to the package
select/setup of the install to become alike which now is the major
difference in installation.