[wplug] .Net Launch

Jack vze24938 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 29 19:46:48 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:38:15 -0800 (PST)
Bryon Gill <bgtrio at linuxfreemail.com> wrote:

--snip--
> Finally, perhaps the focus should be on showing that linux and linux apps
> can be run with a windows install, perhaps cygwin and distros that can run
> atop windows (redhat includes this option in the default install, if you
> have a FAT partition), which will not so much offend the windows
> developers as intrigue them with the promise of new markets in which to
> wade before swimming into the deep end.
--snip--

IMO, that's one of the biggest problems right now.  Nothing's going to happen if you just let them wiggle their toes in the water.  They _have_ to dive in--and if they end up running back to windows with their thumb in their mouth, then that's OK.  Do we really want _everyone_?  The intelligent ones will probably realize that there's something really cool here, even though they might not be quite ready for it at their current level of competence.  I'm satisfied with that sector--the Eloi can keep lounging and looking at the pretty flowers.