[wplug] .Net Launch

Douglas Green green at np.awing.upmc.edu
Tue Jan 29 16:07:34 EST 2002

OK- here are my 2 cents on publicity. My call for volunteers to help me
fix up computers and donate them in Mexico was met with mixed reactions.
So far there are a couple people interested in contributing (hooray for
us!!:) ). I am currently working on getting a non-profit (NPO) status,
complete with tax ID number, for this project (unnamed as of yet- taking
suggestions). This is a lot of work, and it's also not my dayjob.
Although the timing may be a little late for the .NET seminar- what
BETTER way to publicize linux than to demonstrate its superiority in a
charitable way? IMHO, put your best foot forward and show everyone what
linux can provide that others cannot. Its open source, free, has
multilingual support, a huge worldwide technical support network (that
would be us- the LUGs of the world), runs on damn near any old hardware,
and there are tons of available apps to suit any occasion. I think this
would be a great ongoing community service effort worthy of some
publicity for our group and other LUGS who want to contribute.

Doug

Please direct flames to /dev/null