[wplug] nis authentication via samba

John Harrold harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Fri Jan 25 15:10:31 EST 2002

howdy.

i have a linux box running nis, and samba. we have one windows machine (nt)
and a few vmwares (98) running about. i want to validate the user name and
passwords via samba against the nis records. is this possible?

i was looking through the oreilly book on using samba (happily available on
line). it references nis a few times, but mainly for things like exporting
home directories. perhaps i'm not looking for the right terminology. can
someone point me in the right direction?

--
john
"have algorithm-will travel"