[wplug] PHP question

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Thu Jan 24 18:24:06 EST 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 06:18:32PM -0500, Chris wrote:
> Does it automatically send it so that I can use it like that or do I have to
> create a variable in foo.php to hold the value.

First, yes the variable will be automatically passed to foo.php.  So if
your html tag had name=username, you would be able to access whatever
the user typed in via the $username variable.

Second, you should note that this question is somewhat off-topic for a
LUG list, because it is not really related to Linux.  It is not a huge
deal because it was a simple question.  In the future, if you have php
questions that are not necessarily related to Linux, I would check out
one of the mailing lists described here:

http://www.php.net/support.php

or some of the handy dandy documentation available here:

http://www.php.net/docs.php

Sorry if I came off as rude, but it is good to keep a LUG list related
to Linux.

	-Zach