[wplug] U.S. Robotics Modem

JoJoTrying at aol.com JoJoTrying at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 23:46:03 EST 2002

Hello All,
   My problem is two fold and i was hoping you guys could help.
      #1. i am still new to Linux
      #2. i can't get my modem to run
   The first problem i am working on.  The second i guess is where
(hopefully) you guys come in.  i am running Mandrake 8.0 and am using (trying
to use) a U.S. Robotics 56k Perfomance Pro Modem Model #3cp5610a.  This is
NOT a WINMODEM.  i also know it works because i had it running under Mandrake
8.0 before.  i installed a new harddrive on my box and reinstalled Mandrake
8.0 and now kpp is telling me the Modem is not responding or not found.  And
i have ran down the entire list of devices on kpp configuation panel to no
avail.
   i thank for any help you can provide and your patience in reading my woes.
Joe Gordon