Newbies at the GUMs (Re: [wplug] LUG Ignorance)

Zach Paine zpaine at mac.com
Mon Jan 21 10:37:10 EST 2002

On Monday, January 21, 2002, at 10:14 AM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> My only real suggestion would be if maybe at least the board members
> could formally open (and close?) the meeting by introducing the
> presentation, the topic and more importantly introducing themselves.  I
> think if newbies knew that, okay, those people there are the people in
> charge and know what's happening and if I have questions I can ask
> them, it would help a lot.  I don't think we all need name tags, but at
> least knowing who the board members are could help.  We may know them
> by name and email address, but not by face.

I definitely agree here.  I think there has been hesitation to do it in
the past and I'm not sure why.  I suppose I'll have to gain the consent
from the other board members, but I think we will most likely do this at
the February GUM.  For the late comers a greeter would be a really great
idea.

jaaron- I'd like to thank you for the contributions you've made already
to the group for being so vocal in your concerns and letting us know how
we can improve the group.

Thanks,
	-Zach