Newbies at the GUMs (Re: [wplug] LUG Ignorance)

Kevin Olalde kevin at olalde.org
Sun Jan 20 10:23:11 EST 2002

Zach Paine wrote:
> > Maybe the meeting did come back together and I left too early, I certainly could
> > have made more effort.  But I went away thinking the group was a bit disjointed
> > and maybe I'll go to the next one that has a presentation that sounds
> > interesting.
>
> Well, here I see the problem.  I don't think that the meeting fell
> apart because people formed groups and started talking about different
> things.

Nor do I.  I think that breaking into groups is a good thing.  I especially
think it's useful if the groups are tasked to discuss some overall group issue,
though I think just breaking up into completely unstructured groups is very
useful (and natural) too.  My point was that I wasn't sure if the meeting was
ever coralled back in, to recap, mention the next meeting, discuss small groups'
(for lack of a better work, 'breakout group') topics.....

I hope to be at a meeting soon too.  I do want to contribute and learn.

Kevin