[wplug] a complicated linux install

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Sat Jan 19 19:55:13 EST 2002

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that i could install linux on a
> laptop with a floppy drive, 330 meg HD, NO cdrom, 486 - dx/2 50 mhz, and i
> dont have a network card. i was wondering if there was a floppy disk
> distribution on the net, or if i could install it through a null modem cable
> from my desktop to the notebook.
> Thanks ,
>                    Nathan Mccorkle

There are a few floppy Linuxes out there; a search on Tucows or Dave Central
should turn them up.  Peanut is one that comes immediately to mind...

As far as a null modem install is concerened, it should present little problem
as long as you have the appropriate driver software on your starter flop.

Hagbard