[wplug] more on the Motherboard/hd

Kevin Olalde kevin at olalde.org
Fri Jan 18 23:43:56 EST 2002

I haven't been following this thread, so sorry if this is already obvious...
Are you sure the IDE cable is oriented correctly.  There's a red line (sometimes
faint) on the cable (indicates pin 1) and hopefully some indication on the MB
which side of the connector has pin 1.

In all the hard drives I ever installed, pin 1 was on the side of the connector
closest to the power connector.

Again sorry if this is obvious.

If this is already correct, try booting without anything on the IDE cables,
delete and hard drive definition already stored in the BIOS, save and power
down.  Then connect a single hard drive.  If you don't freeze, define it, then
add the CDROM.

Just guessing.

Kevin