[wplug] more on the Motherboard/hd

Logan dracoaardvark at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 02:16:11 EST 2002

* ok, I pluged the keyboard directly into the computer (instead of through
the data switch) and it allowed me to access the BIOS... (thank you Ed) but
only if I had the hard drives removed. (I can boot from flopy in this case)
* when I pluged the hard drives in, it froze on trying to enter the bios, or
after recognizing keyboard/mouse
* when I changed arround the IDE cables for the hard disks and CD-Rom on the
motherboard, it hung after recognizing the CD, but before recognizing the
floppy
* if I use only the hard drive I stole out of a 486 (which I know works), it
does the same thing.
* if I disable the IDE channel that the hard disk(s) are on, it allows me to
boot from floppy.
- I thought it might be the jumper settings on the hard disks for
master/slave, but I checked online and they're correct.

frustratedly,
Logan