[wplug] Slackware problems

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Fri Jan 18 00:50:34 EST 2002

> I got the script working.  Thanks.  But I am still having problems getting
> outside of my network.  I can ssh into my slackmachine from my windows
> machine.  I can view pages from apache from my windows machine.    I can ssh
> into my firewall from the slackmachine.  I can't ssh into the slack machine
> from my firewall.

you gotta be more clear on which machine you're doing what from ... from
what i understand, you have three computers on your network ... a windows
box, a slackware box, and some sort of gateway machine.

if you are able to connect to the firewall from the slackware box, but not
visa versa, and recieve a network unreachable message, i would suspect the
interface is configured incorrectly.

> when I try to ping it I get Network is unreachable.  It seems that it
> doesn't know about the gateway.  Where is that stored?  I set it up with
> netconfig but maybe something isn't working.

which machine are you pinging and from which machine?  also include the
ips of each interface of your three computers.  try pinging each machine
from the other and let us know which are successful.  then we'll go from
there (hopefully :)

later,
coldie