[wplug] Recycling old parts

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:10:40 EST 2002

Sometime in January Douglas Green assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Dear all-
|
|For anyone interested in recycling parts, I have been "recycling"
|computers for a little over a year now, and I would greatly appreciate
|any contributions to my "junkpile". I travel to Mexico frequently, and
|generally try to take at least one system with me each time. Once I get
|them there, they are donated to starting businesses, computer schools
|and libraries of Baja California Sur. Due to strict import tariffs
|(impuestos), the cost of an older P-133 computer in this area is
|approximately 6-8 months of the average person's wages.
|
|If anyone would like to contribute with either: parts, time or know-how,
|your efforts are much appreciated. Additionally, if there is any
|interest in making this collection and distribution of older computers
|more organized, I think it would be a good community service that WPLUG
|could easily provide. Thanks!
|
|Doug Green
|
|PS- my next run to Mexico is Wednesday morning- if you want to
|contribute anything, email me directly and I will pick it up in person
|ASAP.

hey doug. i know it's a bit late, but i thought i would tell you anyways. i
have sitting under my desk one cyrix 166 computer minus a floppy and cdrom. as
far as help, i would be happy to build computers and install linux on them for
people in mexico. let me know after you get back.

--
john
The day Marvin Gaye and Phil Ochs got married