[wplug] No sound from CD Player

Bryon Gill bgtrio at linuxfreemail.com
Wed Feb 20 23:32:39 EST 2002

Someone else already pointed out that you should check to see that your
cdrom drive is connected to your sound card.  Failing that, you may have a
couple more options:

1. rip the tracks on the cd to wav files on your hard drive.  Play them.
2. Some cd players will play cds when you insert them, and you can listen
to them through the headphone jack on the cd drive.  Not all of them do,
but some.  This was a great feature on a 486 I used to use at work- it
didn't chew up any processor/memory at all.

Bryon Gill (aka abe ferlman)