[wplug] Converting Line Terminations

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Thu Feb 7 21:03:23 EST 2002

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 02:02 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:

> Thanks for all the suggestions thus far.  I guess I'm kinda surprised
> that vi (vim) or emacs doesn't have some sort of option to repress
> display of WinNT style line terminations (those are carriage returns
> right?) and just maintain the format when saving (ie - take them out on
> opening the file and then replacing them when saving or something like
> that).  Or perhaps I'm just not familiar enough with either application.

Check out this page:

http://club.mathcs.wilkes.edu/subnet_faq.php

To quote the pertinent information:

	"1. How do I determine the file format the emacs saves in? (Mac,
DOS, Unix)
To change the file format of a file in emacs press C-x RET f. Then type
in undecided-mac, undecided-dos, undecided-unix for whichever format you
want."

Hope this helps,
	Zach