[wplug] Converting Line Terminations

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 14:02:19 EST 2002

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far.  I guess I'm kinda surprised that
vi (vim) or emacs doesn't have some sort of option to repress display of
WinNT style line terminations (those are carriage returns right?) and just
maintain the format when saving (ie - take them out on opening the file and
then replacing them when saving or something like that).  Or perhaps I'm
just not familiar enough with either application.

If I remember right there's a way to specify the format something is saved
in (at least in emacs I think) in terms of end of line markers.  But that's
just for new files I think, not for files opened that already have some
alternative line termination scheme.  I suppose the nice thing is if that
feature isn't available and it's something that I do decide I want enough, I
can always just code it myself.  Isn't open source / free software
wonderful?

-jaaron