[wplug] Tutorial Reminder - Please RSVP

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 6 13:17:45 EST 2002

James,

I'm interested in this, and I intend to come, but I've got a question about which version of gcc we should have.

Red Hat and Mandrake use GCC "2.96" which I'm told has a lot of bugs and cannot be used to compile a kernal. I think Red Hat includes "kgcc", which is an older version of gcc that doesn't have these problems. I'm not sure if Mandrake comes with kgcc; I'll have to check.

So to avoid problems, can you suggest a particular version of gcc which we should install before the tutorial?