[wplug] [SOLVED] memory stick - mount prob

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Dec 26 16:14:55 EST 2002

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Kubbie wrote:
>>
>>> You may have tried this already, but the stick may need
>>> formatted/reformatted.  The camera should be able to format it.
>>
>> Yup, have tried it already. I used this feature to revive the stick
>> that I formatted from linux, since the camera could not read it.
>>

> Okay, the whole snag was a Sony thing most likely. I created a primary
> partition with fdisk on the stick, and all is mellow now. I guess Sony
> doesn't bother creating partition tables/superblocks.

	I have also had problems when viewing camera memory after looking at
it on Windoze using "thumbnail" views  -seems that thumbs.db does something
to the card and my camera wigs out until I remove the file.  Even setting my
folder prefs to "do not cache thumbnail data" does not make a difference -
MS leave the crap in it's wake.....  Linux does not write to my media just
because I mount it!

Don