[wplug] postfix

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Thu Dec 19 20:31:57 EST 2002

well, a little progress has been made .. in my aliases.cf i have the following:

user = postfix
password = <password>
dbname = mail
table = aliases
select_field = maildir
where_field = alias
hosts = inet:<hostname>

if in the hosts field you have inet:localhost, it still attempts to use the socket .. but putting in the fqd remedies this.  had a few slipups with access control to the database, which are now fixed.  no more error messages in maillog about not being to access the socket or the database .. but it doesn't recognize aliases at all.  the error message is as follows (in maillog):

postfix/local[30542]: 1D125462E: to=<test at beerhouse.net>, relay=local, delay=2, status=bounced (unknown user: "test")

though these both exist in the aliases table:

| id   | alias              | maildir      |
| 1003 | test               | Maildir-test |
| 1003 | test at beerhouse.net | Maildir-test |

i realize it's kind of off topic for wplug, but i'm getting frustrated with this .. desperately searching for help ;P  thanks

coldie