[wplug] postfix

Edward Walter ewalter at walterama.com
Wed Dec 18 23:58:42 EST 2002

You might try editing your main.cf and replacing "unix" with "inet" in your
transport maps.  I think the field to look for is fallback_transport or
something similar.  "unix" tells the map to use unix style sockets.
"inet" would tell it to use internet sockets, and finally, "fifo" would
tell the transport map to use named pipes.  Another field to look at might
be the local_recipient_maps.  I believe this is where you probably
specified using mysql in the first place.  Hope this helps...

-Ed Walter

To quote my main.cf:
# The fallback_transport specifies the optional transport in master.cf #
to use for recipients that are not found in the UNIX passwd database. #
This parameter has precedence over the luser_relay parameter.

> wplug,
>
> i'm running postfix, for the most part, in a chrooted jail.  my question
is, in regard to mysql, does anyone know how to force postfix to connect
via localhost as opposed to via unix socket?  i've been reading docs all
day and there's nothing that gives it away in the config files ...
thanks in advance