[wplug] kernel not loading after partitioning hard drive

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Wed Dec 18 14:01:16 EST 2002

	So the question for Paul is - do you have a valid initrd for each
kernel, and does lilo.conf point to it?  If all looks OK - re-run lilo and
you should be golden.

To get an initrd is something like:
mkinitrd -v -f --ifneeded <initrdimage-name>
<kernel-version-to-build-against>
	-this assumes that /etc/modules.conf has any required modules /
aliases listed in it, otherwise you'll need to specify '--preload <module>'
in the above syntax

(ex: mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.2.5-15.img 2.2.5-15)  and of course lilo.conf
must reflect this image for this kernel.  the --ifneeded is nice because it
will not build unnecessary initrd's - usually SCSI / exotic storage are the
only reason for initrd's on PeeCees

YMMV
Don