[wplug] kernel not loading after partitioning hard drive

Coutch, Robert Robert_E_Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Dec 18 11:04:58 EST 2002

There's a good chance that by repartitioning the drive, your old boot
partition (for example /dev/hda3)
was moved or renamed (for example: renamed to /dev/hda1).

If you just resized partitions, this should not be the case.
If you moved or added/deleted partitions, this may be what happened.

Boot from a rescue disk (RedHat 7.0 's CD-ROM has a rescue mode) and verify
which partition is where and make sure lilo is trying to load the kernel
from the correct
partition.

The resuce system should let you mount your existing partitions so you can
fix lilo if necessary.

Hope this helps,

Bob