[wplug] kernel not loading after partitioning hard drive

Paul Cantalupo lupey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:54:04 EST 2002

"Vanco, Donald" wrote:

> Did you move the kernels beyond 1024 cylinders when you repartitioned?  If
> so - lilo cannot find them anymore...

I actually moved the root partition towards the beginning of the hard drive
so I don't think this is a problem. In any event, I don't think the LILO
version that I am using cares about the 1024 cylinder problem as far as I've
been able to understand.  Please let me know if I am wrong in assuming this.

FYI, my hard drive is approx 40 GB and my root partition starts around 14GB.
My root partition *was* started around 20GB before the repartitioning.

Thanks,

Paul