[wplug] kernel not loading after partitioning hard drive

Paul Cantalupo lupey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:00:21 EST 2002

Hello,

I am just repartitioned my hard drive with Partition Magic 7.0. I have a
Windows partition and several Linux partitions. After reboot, LILO pops
up with a choice (as usual) of Windows or 2 linux kernels. One of my
kernels (the original one) works but when I select the other (I use this
kernel for NTFS support), it hangs during loading. It literally stops
with "Loading........................" displayed on the screen.

Is my kernel corrupted from the partitioning? If so, how much more of my
hard drive could be corrupted? Any chance of recovery beside using my
non-existent backup CD?  :(

Thanks for your help,

Paul