[wplug] New installation

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Dec 9 14:30:22 EST 2002

Sometime in December Jeff Harr assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Hey guys (especially John Harrold)
|
|             When exactly and where is this install-fest? What state
| would I want to bring my computer in? Formatted? Not partitioned? The
| way it is right now? Backed-up data? With it formatted and linux
| installed (because I've done it before. just not sure which distro to
| use)? So let me know. thanks.
|
|             Jeff

according to the webpage (upper left http://www.wplug.org/) the next
install fest is january 11th. how you bring it depends on the help you need
;). it would probably be best if you had it partitioned with the free space
for linux set aside. if you need help installing a distro, then you can
install it there. you should back up your data if possible.

as for which distro, this is a good way to start a war, i'm a big fan of
redhat, but the others are good also. if you need cd's post what you want
to the list before the installfest so people will know what to bring. i
also prefer vim :).

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17+maps at pitt.edu   |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
  "International security is not a zero-sum game. Peace,
  security and freedom are not finite commodities - like l
  and, oil or gold - which one state can acquire at
  another's expense."
  United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan