[wplug] Red Hat 8.0 for $20

Coutch, Robert Robert_E_Coutch at tvratings.com
Mon Dec 9 13:24:58 EST 2002

I've got RH 8.0 on my work IBM T23 ThinkPad Laptop (shhhh, don't tell
"them").

Install went great and runs good too.

I had to go and get modules for the LT modem (tainted ones) but another
person told me his install picked up
his LT modem and installed drivers (go figure).

I changed fstab entry for DVD-CD-R/W drive to filesystem auto detect so I
could read UDF formatted DVD's and CD's.

The only bummer is that there is no acceleration available for the Super
Savage video chipset yet so I still have to play Quake3
in Windows (shhhhh, don't tell "them).

The machine is fast enough that MPlayer has no problems playing DVD movies.

I had some audio and video issues in KDE but no problems using Gnome.

I prefer Gnome and WindowMaker desktops anyway.

Another $0.02 added to the pot.

-Bob