[wplug] Problems with my install

Don Lehocky customaccents at attbi.com
Sun Dec 8 19:04:23 EST 2002

Hello,    Newbie here,  Just installed Red Hat 8.0.  The problems that I am
encountering are minor, such as:
1)- My optical mouse works if I move it quickly, but if I move it slowly, it
doesn’t move on the screen.  How do I update drivers for it?
2)- I am having trouble getting my network running as well, it doesn’t
detect one of the network cards (the one that goes out to the network), but
it did detect the network card that goes to the cable modem and I can surf
without a problem.
3)- In the new dual-boot configuration, when booting into windows 2000-P,
the boot is now very long
.what happened?
4)- Am I able to use any of the installed windows programs on the hard disk?
They are in FAT-32 partitions on the same drive as Linux.
5)- I also get an error when logging in that says I need to install this
text in file “/etc/hosts”  (x1-6-00-50-04-12-6f-6b)  What does this mean?

That’s all for now
I will keep playing with it
.any help I can get would be
appreciated.  Thanks!