[wplug] Writing non-iso CD's

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:00:54 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:24:24AM -0500, Coutch, Robert wrote:

> Does the file have to be the exact same size as the CD?
>
> Your script file allocated 700 1024K blocks (I'm assuming for a 700MB CD-R).
>
> If I write a small test file (1-2 Meg) this should be OK, right?

Nope, I just etched an arbitrary-sized (<= 700 MB of course) tarball
onto the CD starting from the beginning of the device.  Tar would
complain about junk or whatnot at the end of the file upon finishing
unpacking, but it would always work nonetheless.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.