[wplug] problems mounting blank cd-r

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 13:57:44 EST 2002

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm getting this wrong, but I think
there's no file system on the CD yet to be mounted.  It's just a raw disk
with no file system at all.

You don't need to mount it in order to, for instance, run the cdrecord
program, it just writes to the device (it actually emulates scsi if it's
an ide drive).  Then you can mount it once you've written files to it.

Bryon