[wplug] Newbie Network question.

Kubbie squeakers2k at icqmail.com
Sun Dec 1 19:26:00 EST 2002

Hello.  This is my first post.  I am very new to Linux and have installed
Slackware 8.1 on a old duel pentium 90 HP system. My goal is to try to set
it up as a firewall, as well as learn a little bit about Linux.  The system
has a network card built on the motherboard (worked with Windows installed
on it) and a second network card installed in one of its two PCI slots (also
worked when Windows was installed).  The second PCI slot has a old video
card which the monitor is plugged in to.

When I installed the OS, it seemed that it may have only detected one
network card.  Me haveing a very limited knowledge about the OS, I do not
know exactly where I need to look to see if only one card was detected, and
if so, which is missing (and why).

I have been doing some searching but haven't really found any documents
pointing out where I need to go.

Also, this is very minor in my need to know right now, and I might never use
it, but when I type "startx" it comes back with Fatal Error:No sceeens
found.  I did go through the config, but it still comes up with the error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to look?  Thanks.  =)