[wplug] [wplug-announce] General User Meeting.. Rock On

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Dec 1 17:54:42 EST 2002

Greetings from cyberspace-land, located conveniently on the "information
super-highway"!

This upcoming Saturday, December 7, WPLUG will be holding a General User
Meeting.  The meeting will run from 10am until 2pm as usual, and will be
located in Carnegie Mellon University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507.  Maps
available on wplug.org, directions available by emailing me personally, or by
harnessing the power of the "interweb" at such locations as maps.yahoo.com
and mapblast.com.

Now the moment you've all been waiting for... the topic!!  Mark Dalrymple,
fresh from his recent teaching experience at the Big Nerd Ranch
(bignerdranch.com), will be giving a presentation on OpenACS.  What is
OpenACS you ask??  Mark has this to say:

"The Open Architecture Community System [is] a powerful website development
toolkit oriented to large-scale community systems.  OpenACS can be deployed
with entirely open-source software."

(note: This quote has been modified.  The original quote included a
self-deprecating statement, however we at WPLUG do not believe in "downers".
We believe a supportive environment is more condusive to learning and
creating IRC clients)

The talk will begin at 11, but please try to arrive as close to 10 as possible
to allow for introductions and donut-scarfing.

Sorry about the brevity of this announcement, but I'm pressed for time.

Vice-Chair type guy,
Zach