[wplug] Question about working with ISO images

Edward Walter ewalter at tpresence.com
Sun Aug 4 14:50:03 EDT 2002

The file size for an uncompressed knoppix 3.0 image should be 706,798 KB.
The 2.2 Beta from May 14 is 706,048 KB.  Other images should be of similar
size.  If your burning your CD's under a Windoze environment, your software
should have an option to "create CD from image".  If you're using Adaptec's
software, it lets you choose either a .cif or .iso file as the source image.
After that, you shouldn't need to worry about making it bootable.  That
capability is either present or lacking in the source image itself.
Incidentally, I've used knoppix and it's a great little package.  Have fun.
-Ed Walter