[wplug] Question about working with ISO images

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 12:28:03 EDT 2002

Hello all,

Currently I am downloading an ISO image of KNOPPIX
(http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html).  I
have never burned an ISO to disk before.  Either
mozilla download manager or windows has tacked on an
.exe extention on the image.  So in other words the
file name is something like filename.iso.exe

Can I just rename the file and take the .exe away,
burn it to cd and boot it?  Or is there something more
I have to do when making a cd to boot off of?  Any
help would be appriciated.

By the way, KNOPPIX looks interesting to me, since I
want to play with linux on my local machine (Knoppix
is derived from Debian), but don't really have the
hardware to do so.  Just wondering what you all
thought about linux distros that you can boot and
don't require any disk partitioning.

Brad