[wplug] installation of Slackware8.0

Paul Cantalupo lupey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Apr 17 12:05:48 EDT 2002

Hello,

In the past, I have successfully installed Slackware on a Win98 (Fat32)
and a Win2000 (Fat32) machine. I recently reformatted the Win2000
machine to NTFS. I want to completely reinstall Slackware8.0 (uses
2.2.19 kernel) on the Win2000 PC (for reasons unrelated to reformatting
the Win partition).

During the install, the slackware setup program identifies my Win
partition just fine but it recognizes it as HPFS (why?). Then it cannot
find the source directory (c:\slack\slakware) on /dev/hda1 (my Win
partition); it says that the directory does not exist.

Any suggestions?

My ideas:
How do I make a bootable CD-ROM with the entire distribution of
Slackware?
Reformat the PC back to Fat32 (or maybe I cannot do this).

Thanks for your help,

Paul