[wplug] kernel compiling question

Procario, Michael Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov
Wed Apr 17 11:37:09 EDT 2002

It produces a new one. You can then use lilo or grub to select which kernel
to use.  You can keep your working kernel around until you are sure the new
one does what you want. Typically I move the new kernel into /boot and give
it name like vmlinux-x.x.x-test. I then make an entry in lilo.conf like

image=/boot/vmlinux-x.x.x-test
	label=test

then when you get the lilo prompt choose test.

Mike