[wplug] eth0 missing

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Sat Apr 13 18:15:03 EDT 2002

Logan,

As I explained to you during the installation process, you're going to
need to load the correct module for the 3c905 model of Ethernet card.
The page your found indicates that the "Vortex" driver needs to be used,
and there should be a module for this already installed with Debian.

Do you get any errors if you run "modprobe vortex" as root? If not, the
module most likely loaded successfully. At this point, you then want to
add a line with the module name "vortex" to /etc/modules (so that it
loads at boot time).

Edit /etc/resolv.conf so it looks like this:

nameserver x.x.x.x

(You can have multiple nameserver lines if you have more than one server
you want to use.)

After you've done this, you want to edit or create the
/etc/network/interfaces file. Run 'man 5 interfaces' for more
information on the syntax.

Once you've set the interfaces file up to your liking, run
/etc/init.d/networking restart and you should be set.

-Evan