[wplug] /dev/ttyS0 busy

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Wed Apr 3 23:38:43 EST 2002

> >Perhaps:
> >     $ fuser /dev/ttyS0
> >     $ lsof | grep ttyS0
> >
> Thanks.
>
> I've tried both and neither returns anything.  Nothing. Nada.  So I'm really
> puzzled why this would be happening.
>
> Specifically, both chat and wvdial return and input/output error.  kppp
> returns an error saying the modem is busy.  And if I run wvdial from a
> normal user account I get a device busy error.
>
> Any other ideas?

i haven't been following the thread ... but perhaps you should try
changing the irq.  either by an on board jumper or 'setserial' ... i
remember having a lot of trouble with one of my modems and changing the
irq from 3 to 4 or something remedied all my problems.

also, i'm assuming you have .. but give minicom a whirl.  see if you can
open the port to send commands to the modem or whatever.

coldie